Q:The dude on the Olds that people think is the Impala is actually Chris Pine. You can find other pictures of him with various cars from the same shoot. The car is also missing cornering lights, search lights and a front plate...well basically it isn't even close but I can see where the "hood ornament" might be a tad distracting. See my brief treatise here: rackoninnc(.)tumblr(.)com/post/86221651144/its-not-the-impala-its-not-even-jensen
As we pointed out in the post in question, the image is from an advertisement shoot for a Polish fashion line featuring neither Jensen Ackles nor Chris Pine, but the model seen in the other images of the collection.
Although your treatise is correct as far as the car in concerned it is incorrect regarding the model. Thank you for sharing!
Q:I saw a site proving that most (all?) the pics of Jensen in various stages of undress are manips. Now I can't find it. Do you know of it?
Q:Apparently Misha WILL in fact be on Whose Line!!! He announced it on his Facebook page.
Yep, and we posted about that (although we used twitter as a source, not facebook—we’ll have to add that too)!
The original rumor was debunked because there wasn’t any evidence that he’d be on the show (and there is still no evidence that at that time he had already been asked to appear). We’ve updated the old post to reflect the new info as well now, thanks!
Q:Misha just tweeted about being in Whose Line is it Anyway... can we say it's confirmed now? (Unless he's trolling? hE BETTER BE SERIOUS BECAUSE I AM FREAKING OUT)
The rumor that Misha Collins will be on Whose Line is it Anyway is CONFIRMED!
As pointed out, Misha tweeted about being on the show:
[tweet cap from here]
We previously debunked a rumor on this same subject due to a lack of substantial proof and/or documentation. Now that we have not only a tweet from Misha but also a date and a time, the claim is reliable.
Therefore, we consider the rumor that Misha Collins will be on Whose Line to be Confirmed.
Q:Did Jensen really say this? “So it’s been brought to my attention a certain thing I said might have offended some of the fans or been taken the wrong way. You guys know I tend to put my foot in my mouth, hence staying far, far away from most social media. My comment was in no way meant to be taken seriously, I just really like to heckle Misha who is probably the biggest destiel supporter out there.”— Jensen Ackles - May 2014
Thanks for asking!
The rumor that Jensen said the above is DEBUNKED.
The quote in question originated as a status message on Facebook on May 25th, and popped up on Tumblr shortly after.
[screen-cap taken from this Facebook page]
Beyond the fact that the quoted status uses fandom terminology entirely incongruous with Jensen’s usual manner of speaking, a little digging through the page makes it abundantly clear that this is not Jensen’s Facebook profile.
All photos posted on the account have been widely circulated online for some time, and there are no traces of Jensen’s wife or other family members commenting on the page.
Furthermore, the single photo which might be used to ‘prove’ the veracity of this Facebook profile is an obvious photomanipulation which superimposes Jensen’s face over an image of Joseph Gordon Levitt in order to “respond” to a fans request for a birthday message.
[the manip, as posted here on facebook]
[the original JGL photo, as posted here on reddit]
Based on all the evidence which suggests that the Facebook profile is not, in fact, run by Jensen Ackles, this rumor is DEBUNKED.
If you have another question or a rumor, please send it our way!
- Jensen has stated numerous times that he is not interested in any form of social media, and—as far as we know—does not have a Facebook, Twitter or other account. If he does, he has not made the accounts public.
- As Clif Kosterman (Jensen and Jared’s bodyguard) has mentioned multiple times, Jensen does not have a facebook or twitter account. [x]
The rumor that Robbie Thompson is leaving Supernatural has been DEBUNKED
When fans expressed concern that he would be leaving Supernatural in order to work exclusively on his new project, Robbie posted the following message on his Twitter feed:
As Robbie Thompson has confirmed that he’ll be working on Season 10, this rumor is DEBUNKED.
If you’ve got another rumor you’d like us to address, please send it our way!
The (de)Bunker Guide to Wank Prevention
With Comic-Con starting already, we can look forward to a crazy weekend here on Tumblr. Here’s how you can do your part to reduce rumors and minimize collateral damage.
Trust butverify. Don’t trust. Just verify. If you see anything from a con, check the source before you reblog. Five seconds on everyone’s part can save the entire fandom a whole lot of wank. Are they an established blog or a new account just created for the convention? Have they tagged it as fake in the first place?
- Use common sense. Does this actually sound like something TPTB would say? Granted, in some cases
cough Misha coughthe truth can be stranger than fiction, but in general, the plausibility test can rule out the most egregious rumors right off the bat. Sounds too good to be true? Probably isn’t true.
- Two wrongs don’t make a right. Or, two unreliable sources don’t make a reliable fact. Even if a lot of people are reporting the same facts, remember that they’re doing so very quickly from a crowded, noisy, chaotic location. It’s very possible to get some key bits of phrasing mixed up, and textual summaries often miss important hand gestures and vocal tones. Particularly with the ever-sarcastic Misha Collins on-stage—it’s not about what he says so much as how he says it.
- It’s not a race. Wait for the videos before drawing conclusions about con events. Apparently Warner Brothers will be posting HQ videos of all Comic-Con panels on Youtube, which is awesome.
- Labels are good. When reblogging an artistic manip or amusingly manufactured quote, retain captions that identify the post as fake. If the OP only put the captions in tags, adding something to the body of the post like “cute manip” or “this would be funny, too bad Misha didn’t say that!” is very helpful.
- Fight wank with kindness. If someone reports a falsehood and you feel the need to correct them, do so gently and under the assumption that they’re simply mistaken rather than malicious.
- When in doubt, don’t reblog. Even if it sounds adorable.
Worst case scenario? Hit us up at the (de)Bunker and we’ll do the fact-checking for you! Just remember that we’re going to follow our own advice and wait for the videos before officially confirming or debunking anything.
Q:Is it true that Cas has a hot piece of ass?
This rumor is DEBUNKED.
Unfortunately, we do not have a reliable, well-documented source of measurement for the temperature of any piece of Castiel’s buttocks.
However, we assume that Castiel’s entire ass experiences thermodynamic equilibrium, and is therefore all the same temperature. We also assume that, as Cas has fallen (as was the case when we received this ask; however we will assume for all intents-and-purposes that an envesseled angel is also in thermal equilibrium with its housing flesh, as Dean and Sam have never commented on Castiel’s body temperature being odd), his ass is roughly the average temperature of the human body: 98.6° F/37.0° C.
The term “hot” is subjective, but Castiel’s ass is not particularly hotter than a normal human body. Therefore, we’re classifying this rumor as DEBUNKED.
Q:IS IT TRUE THAT CAS DRINKING A WATER BOTTLE IS HOT
This rumor is DEBUNKED.
Given that Castiel is wearing a sweatshirt while he drinks his bottle of water, it’s quite likely that it is not in fact hot.
And it’s unlikely that he is drinking the water due to a fever, it is much more likely that Castiel is dehydrated.
Therefore, Cas is not hotter than normal human temperatures, and this rumor is Debunked.
- Dehydration isn’t sexy, it’s actually really serious. Between altitude sickness and dehydration, it’s not surprising that the Truck Guy in the beginning of the episode wrote off Cas’ apparent hallucinations as such.
Any rumors that Misha Collins will officially not be returning for Supernatural’s 10th Season are DEBUNKED.
There is no evidence, nor has there been any word official or otherwise, that Castiel and/or Misha will not return next year. Nor would we expect to hear anything until after the current season finishes whether Castiel’s fate is at stake (for spoiler reasons).
Therefore, this rumor is Debunked. If we’ve missed something, feel free to let us know.
- This, as with any spoiler, is tentative and we will update it with any new information.
- However, we will ONLY change the prognosis on this post via official information.
- Misha and many of the cast and crew have NDAs and contracts they have to adhere to.
- The wording of this post, “There’s a big chance Misha may not be in Season 10. This is not even speculation anymore,” disproves itself; if there is only a chance of a thing happening then it is, by definition, still completely speculative. Especially given this follow up post, which specifically states that the OP will not give details on the subject. Since there is no other information to corroborate these claims, we consider these posts highly speculative and unreliable.
The rumor masterpost is now (finally) up to date! Sorry that it’s been neglected for so long, but from here on out we’ll do our best to keep it current.
We’ve also added a new category to help ease some of the confusion we’ve encountered. Posts marked as INDETERMINATE do not have sufficient information to be classified as true or false, and it is unlikely that more information will come to light. We’ll also be using this category for posts that involve unreliable definitions or subjective inferences that cannot be factually based, but that we would like to address as best we can.
Again, apologies for all the disorganization. We’re trying to get through it all as quickly as we can! As ever, swing by our askbox if you have any rumors you’d like us to look at!
The rumor that #THINMAN is real has been DEBUNKED.
A copycat murderer was using the hoax to kill various people, but it was not a supernatural occurrence.
Since this hoax was created by the Ghostfacers, and they’ve admitted to creating the monster, we’ve categorized this rumor as Debunked.
That does not necessarily mean he’ll be in 9.17 as implied by the rumor, and so it remains Debunked. (But we’ll update with any further information after the episode tonight.)